Assistive Listening Devices (ALDs): FM Systems
We can help in selecting & ordering amplified telephones, TV listening systems, alarm clocks and other alerting devices for comfort and safety.
Audiometric Evaluations: Adults & Pediatric
I have extensive experience performing audiometric evaluations on all populations for a variety of reasons. I work ENT clinics performing majority diagnostic testing (Menieres', dizziness, otosclerosis, cholesteotomas, infections, etc). Children are most commonly seen by me for ear infections and expressive speech delay. I enjoy the referrals from many physicians.
Not every person with a hearing loss needs a hearing aid - Audiologists know the difference!
All sizes - always fresh
Cochlear Implants: Referral
I do not work directly with the CI process, but offer counseling on candidacy.
Ear Molds: Swim Molds
TOP 10 REASONS TO GET AQUANOTS BY WESTONE
With swim season almost upon us, we wanted to take this opportunity to remind you of a few of the many useful reasons to have a pair of AquaNot swimplugs from Westone on hand.
You know, AquaNots are great for more than just swimming - they're also excellent sound plugs. Some of these reasons you may already be aware of, some we just thought up, but all are sure to make you say, "Wow, order me a pair!"
10. Keeps water out of your ears while swimming on vacation (and your brain from exploding while trapped in the car with the kids on the way there).
9. Excellent noise suppression capabilities. Great for use when cutting wood, mowing the lawn, operating power equipment, or visiting your in-laws.
8. They're floatable (even if you're not).
7. Exciting, more vibrant colors are sure to make a splash at the pool (cannonballs and belly-flops optional).
6. Your head is full of enough junk already (eighth grade locker combination; phone number from 1983; the words to The Brady Bunch theme song) -- there's no need to add pool or ocean water to the mix.
5. Ensures that you actually enjoy the peace and quiet of a long, hot bath -- whether there is peace and quiet in the house or not.
4. Never again be bothered on an airplane by the annoying whine of the jet engines (or the no-slip bathtub appliqu salesman sitting next to you).
3. Handy cords keep AquaNots connected (also great for emergency bikini repair).
2. With handles for easy placement and removal, super soggy wrinkled skin won't be a problem -- even if you haven't been in the water yet.
1. There's just nothing better at keeping water out. AquaNots and Swyrls by Westone are soft for long wearing comfort, floatable, and offer incredible noise suppression. If you're looking for the ultimate in style and comfort, they really are number one.
Earmolds: for the rest
Hearing aids, musicians, cell phones, noise protection, etc
Hearing Aid Sales & Service
Time allotted: 1 hour
Hearing Aid: Sales and Service
Hearing Aids - We offer a wide selection of hearing aids, including digital processing and digitally programmable, from a variety of manufacturers. The point of our job is to work with you to find the best solution for your hearing healthcare needs within your budget. Only quality manufacturers are used, including: Phonak, Oticon, Siemens, Sonic Innovations, Rexton and several others.
Repair All Makes - We can get your hearing aid repaired quickly at a reasonable cost on most all makes.
I am OSHA qualfied to do employee testing for new hires or annual/retest due to STS. I will be happy to help small employee companies manage their annual hearing tests as well.
Middle Ear Implants: Referral and management
In layman's terms, some super smart person (Dr. David Kemp) many years ago had a thought: perhaps the inner ear (cochlea) is capable of producing sounds, not just receiving sounds.
Turns out, he was right and in 1995 the FDA approved the devices designed to evoke OAEs. What does this tell us? It means we can confirm or deny a healthy cochlea, able to hear better than 30 dB across (most) speech pitches in people who can't "push the button when you hear the beep."
Actual testing only takes a few seconds in each ear and is painless. A probe tip is held to the ear and the patient hears a series of 'clicks.' The only catch is that the environment MUST be absolutely quiet. So parents, if you have a little one you need tested please try to schedule around a good quiet time (nap time?).
OAEs are recognized by insurance companies and are covered as long as you have met your deductible.
This is a simple test of the middle ear system. Among other conditions, it is easily able to confirm or deny the posibility of an ear infection.